This is the second in a series of PF Perspectives, produced by CIPFA and Public Finance. Each edition is designed to focus on a key public finance and policy issue, featuring essays by leading public sector practitioners and experts.
This edition explores the strategies needed to align and integrate local public services across traditional organisational boundaries.
- Lord Kerslake, former head of the Civil Service and DCLG permanent secretary
- Lord Bichard, chair of the National Audit Office Board and former Benefits Agency chief
- Julian McCrae, deputy director of the Institute for Government, formerly of the PM’s Strategy Unit
- Dame Clare Tickell, chief executive of Hanover Housing Association
- Chris Ham, chief executive of the King’s Fund
- Jane West, interim bi-borough executive director of corporate services at Westminster City Council and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- Caroline Clarke, CFO and deputy CEO at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- Lynn Shackley, director of information consultancy Baker, Lomax & Shackley
- Andy Burns, chair of CIPFA’s Aligning Local Public Services Group and director finance and resources at Staffordshire County Council
- Gillian Quinton, managing director for business enterprise and shared services at Buckinghamshire County Council
- Plus a special introduction by CIPFA chief executive Rob Whiteman